5 Star Construction And Renovation Services Door Installation Review from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Turnaround Time

Hired to install new back door and two security doors. They broke inside facing on inside of one door, promised to replace, but didn't.

Took off doorbell, never replaced it. Backdoor doesn't match color of other doors in home, left gap in concrete allowing ants to enter home. Sloppily put some goop in crack to keep ants out. Acknowledged work not done as promised and promised to fix it.

It has not been finished. They were paid in full.

Product or Service Mentioned: 5 Star Construction And Renovation Services Door Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

5 Star Construction and Renovation Services in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Beware of these contractors

the contractors robert and homer key were paid in full to fix this small house and they have not completed the project and are MIA. im tired of the apologies and excuses so im mitigating my damages.

im went to home advisor to find this contractor so I don't know how things went so wrong. I paid in cash mostly so the credit card company cant help me. im on my own here. total of everything I paid so far is $15,348.99 I had a couple contractors in my city look at the contracts I have with five star and they found a bunch of discrepancies.

for example, the time that it takes to do an item or the price they are charging for an item were way off. im also charged for items I don't see in the house that's new. we are talking milwauke prices not new York city which is much higher. I think I have falling into the trap of out of state landlords who get duped because they are not on the job site.

one day in june I showed up to the property and it looked staged. I saw a lot of guys working left and right but why is it august and the house looks the same as it did back in june? I just want to move on and get my money back so a professional contractor can get the house done.

the city of Milwaukee sent me a list of qualified contractors so im getting estimates now.so much for home advisor helping me out here. im going to press charges for theft.

Comments

They did the same thing to me. File a complaint with the BBB.

to Anonymous #729905

I filed a complaint with the BBB but 5 star never responded and BBB never listed the complaint on their site they just closed the case. well the government now has a case against 5 star and its listed on BBB so I now feel better that they don't keep ripping people off. im going to keep an eye on them cause all they need to do is start a ne business and a new name.

to Anonymous Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #781567

I just filed a negative review with BBB. They took it, took all the names and addresses out, and put it up in 3 business days.

Put up a review if you aren't filing small claims. The partner, Robert Key is still doing business as 5 Star but taking payments made to him personally. That is what he did to me.

I have a significant loss, although not as bad as the review with the small house. I'm going to call the DA in Milwaukee, Wi.